- Finalizing our Strategic Plan by integrating the suggestions of stakeholders from v.2
- Knee-deep in reorganizing our administrative structure, ie, the Discuss It With Key Staff phase
- Drafting graphical org charts for easy understanding of the new admin structure
- Writing a narrative to describe the new admin structure and the rationale behind it
- Writing the narrative portion of a proposal to modify our circulation and fines policies, pending the results of our ongoing survey of library users
- Scheduling the INFLUX meetings, trying not to bump into conflicts with any staff vacation plans
- Responding to Stage 3 of the Campus Facilities Master Plan
- Planning for summer projects, including construction, furniture purchases, and rearrangement of staff workspaces
- Finalizing the budget for student staff for summer and fall 2010
- Preparing for a candidate interview on Friday
- Writing a personnel letter regarding a promotion request
- Prepping to chair the last campus Teaching and Learning with Technology Roundtable meeting of the semester, on Thursday
- Working at the Reference Desk
Okay, so I grant you, the only part I’m actually doing RIGHT NOW is working at the Reference Desk. ( look, see? —->) But the rest of that stuff needs to get done this week.
Excuse me while I pause to laugh with more than a little hysteria in my voice.
Maybe some items can wait until next week, but only a few.
I’m planning to sleep in June, sometime.
I think that’s the price of being ambitious and blind to one’s own limitations…